One of my goals in writing this blog isn’t just to review wines and beers, but to find excellent everyday options. Each review usually includes a glimpse into my workday and a brief description of what I tasted. I write about whether the wine/beer “is worth a glass after work.” I occasionally include food pairings, and when possible, I include either the price I paid or the suggested retail price. Finally, each post ends with an “overall” rating of 1-5 corks—1 cork being the lowest and 5 corks being the highest.
Generally speaking, this is what the ratings look like:
Is this worth a glass after work?
- No…it’s not worth dirtying a perfectly clean glass. (0-1.5 Corks)
- Eh…if you have a bottle on hand, drink it, but I wouldn’t go searching it out either. (2-2.5 Corks)
- Sure…you won’t be drinking anything out of the ordinary, but you’ll have a decent, reliable glass. (3 Corks)
- Definitely! If you see this wine/beer in the store, grab it; you won’t be disappointed. (3.5-4 Corks)
- It’s worth more than one! What are you waiting for? (4.5-5 Corks)
If you have any questions about the system, just send me an email!