Work has been fairly quiet since returning from the holidays, which means my coworkers and I have had a nice chance to catch up. One of them asked me this question, and I thought it would be fun to share with you:
Do you have any big wine plans for 2012?
While I don’t tend be the type of person that sets New Year’s Resolutions, I do like the idea of planning out the year a little. The first couple of months will be difficult to plan too much wine related because of traveling, training for my second half marathon in March, and still being unsure about whether or not I will have a job at the end of the month.
All that said, I would actually like to set a few wine goals. I’d like to:
- Go to 2012 Wine Bloggers’ Conference in Portland, Oregon because it is going to be an awesome conference in a wine region that I’ve never visited.
- Drink and review at least two bottles of sparkling wine a month because bubbly is fun and brings such happiness into life.
- Drink and review at least one kosher wine a month because there are some great ones out there, but I will never find them if I only focus on kosher wines twice a year (during Passover and the High Holy Days).
- Add a little more beer to the blog because even though this is primarily a wine blog and I mostly drink wine, I do love a good beer; so, why not share the good beer that I find?
- Take at least one wine class because I feel like my wine education has become a little stagnant, and taking a class where I learn new things and taste great wines sounds just like what is needed to shake things up a little.
These goals seem doable and fun, hopefully for both you and for me. And, if you think I’m veering off track, have suggestions for ways to meet these goals, or want to join me in any of all of them, just let me know!
Question of the day: Do you have any wine related resolutions for 2012?
Cheers and Happy New Year—