Hi everyone, and Happy #WineWednesday! IThis week, I’m sharing my May 2018 Nottingham Cellars and Vasco Urbano Wine Company wine club shipments as well as tasting the 2017 Nottingham Cellars Chardonnay from the Karl Wente Vineyard. Cheers!
The Nottingham Cellars & Vasco Urbano Wine Company wine clubs send shipments 4 times a year — February, May, August, November – and there are 12, 6, and 3-bottle membership options. The monthly cost depends on the wines included in the shipment, but usually it ranges from $95-$130.
The wines mentioned were:
- 2017 Nottingham Cellars Chardonnay from the Karl Wente Vineyard — $28
- 2017 Nottingham Cellars BDX Blanc Micro-lot reserve from Ghielmetti Vineyard — $30
- 2015 Vasco Urbano Winery H.P Mourvèdre — $42
- 2015 Vasco Urbano Winery Norm Grenache — $42
- 2015 Vasco Urbano Winery The Sheriff GSM — $42
Question of the Day: Do you tend to prefer the Bordeaux varieties, like those from Nottingham Cellars, or the Rhône varieties, like those from Vasco Urbano Wine Company?